21 February 2006

Well 4 weeks into NZ and I still haven't posted... So here it is my very own post to go along with Kate's documentary of our travels. Well let's see I can answer a couple of questions first. The camera I am using is a Nikon D70s digital SLR. I have been using a Sigma 18-200 lens with a skylight filter. The camera and lens were a generous graduation present from my parents that they thought would be appropriate to give me prior to our trip. I bought a couple more toys to go along with the camera this weekend. A new, fairly lightweight tripod made by Slik and a new polorizing filter that I hope will do even more justice to the amazing blue of the glacial fed streams and rivers. Ohh yeah what am I doing while Kate is at home keeping the place somewhat clean and writing blogs. I am learning a little bit about how to look into people's eyes with a microscope. The biggest problem is that ophthalmologists tend to speak their own language beyond even the typical medical-speak. So, do I really have any clue about what makes up the 8 layers of the 1 square inch of the cornea? yeah right. Though I am trying to leave early every day so that we can spend our time here seeing the country. Typically that involves me walking out of the clinic after I eat lunch. I have found that it is much easier to walk out rather than make up an excuse. Well, we should have plenty of good stories and pictures to tell in a couple weeks when we get back to an internet cafe and can upload pictures and tales. Until then take care. Brian

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hahahahaha! You just up and walk out? You don't stay? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?? LOL! That is priceless! :)

Glad you guys are having such a good time, and um, if that camera goes missing once you come home, I promise it isn't at my house! ;)

21 February, 2006 21:33  
Anonymous Toni said...

Brian:
I sure hope that you don't have a big test on this "walker's holiday" of a rotation!
I'm glad that you were able to get the tripod and polarizing filter. It takes a little practice to use the filter, but with instant viewing of your shots you can learn in no time.
Love, Mom M

22 February, 2006 05:51  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home