06 February 2006

Hi Everyone. A little bummed in NZ today. After talking to the American Embassy and the NZ police I found out that they can't issue me a temporary driver's license. Their suggestion was that I call the ohio BMV and see if they can send me a copy. Obviously they haven't dealt with the Ohio BMV before. So it looks like it's back to walking. At least Brian can still drive. But now I'm stranded all day with no credit card, no debit card to get cash, and no way to go anywhere I can't walk to!

The good news is that today all the kids went back to school, so summer vacation is officially over and the "new" season of TV shows start here this week. Dr. Phil and Oprah are on at 1:30 and 2:30 today. Since the UV level is too high for me to walk anywhere at that time of day, and I obviously can't drive, I guess I'll be watching American talk shows! Not exactly the reason I came to NZ, but you gotta take what you can get!

Take care everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate!!! Grab a bike and a snowsuit (or something of the like to cover ya) and get out and about! Or...you could take up skateboarding...perhaps??

07 February, 2006 05:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian & Kate : I am tuned in. When Colette & I were your age we traveled around asia, At least they speak English there. You'll remember the great experience and forget the bad ones (stolen purse).You're right.should have know better.

Doug Rankin, Oshkosh, Wi.

07 February, 2006 13:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is some amazing scenerey!!! I'm sorry about your license, Kate...that stinks!!! We're loving getting your stories!!! I'll show Hannah the nature preserve pix!!
-Jodi

12 February, 2006 17:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home