31 January 2006

Hey folks, what's up in North America?? Not too much going on in NZ today. It's actually cloudy today, and doesn't look like it's going to clear. I've decided I'm allergic to to southern hemisphere. You can't take a girl out of the depths of winter and through her into the middle of summer with flowers and trees and all that crap and expect her immune system to cooperate.

I learned how to order a coffee yesterday. I kept asking for coffee with cream and sugar and everyone would look at me like I was speaking French. Turns out, coffee is called short black or tall black depending on the size. if you want cream you order a flat white. How the heck was I supposed to know that??

I've also mastered roundabouts. This is a big deal because I used to break out in a cold sweat everytime I saw one coming. Who's on the right? Am I on the right? Do I get to go now?? AHHHH!!! Brian just lets everyone else in the roundabout go first, but I'm braver than he is (sorry Brian, your secret is out!)

No new pictures today because we haven't been anywhere new and I think you all have seen enough pics of ducks.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was in the car with you, I would be laughing so hard. Send the warm weather this way. When do you come back to Columbus? Be safe you two.

31 January, 2006 22:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kate and Brian,
I know what you mean Kate. Roundabouts, when you aren't used to them, can be really intimidating. I was in the UK back in October (for a week) and we had the locals we were working with take us everywhere. I thought we were going to die every time they went 'round one of those. And they seem to be everywhere!!! Good luck with those!

Cheers,
Brad (Runkle)

02 February, 2006 05:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home