08 February 2006

This is a great story we've been following in the news that last few days. The family had accepted that he had died, and were praying to Tangaroa (the Maori sea god) that they would at least find his body. It was a sad story until we heard on the news last night he had been found!

Not too much else going on in NZ today. It's gray, rainy, and windy today so I doubt we'll be doing too much exploring!

My dad acted as my personal ambassador and found out that the DMV will send me a lost license packet. The turn around is expected to be 2 - 3 weeks. That's not as bad as I expected. Thanks dad!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dads come in pretty handy sometimes!! So, if you got a ticket for not having a driver's license - what's the penalty? I guess you wouldn't want a warrant hanging over your head from another country!! BTW, the pictures are beautiful, especially the whaling town with the sun behind the clouds and mountains. We are reading about your travels daily and were sorry to hear about the Kiwi car victimization. Just remember, you're making a memory!!

Love, Kristin & Mark

08 February, 2006 18:48  
Blogger Erin said...

Wow, what an incredible story! Thanks for sharing. All we get here is the same old crap news! Blah!!!

So glad your dad was able to work it out for you! That really cool! Go Uncle Dit1 :)

Love ya!

08 February, 2006 18:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kate & Brian,
I should be studying but hey who really wants to do that? My study group & I are enjoying the pictures. I have decided that once I become a nurse I am going to travel outside the US. The pictures are amazing. This time, I went through and enlarged all of them. Didn't know I could do that until you told me. Enjoy life over there, you only live once!! You can read that dirty book since you can't drive.

09 February, 2006 05:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does "the brother of former All Black Norm Hewitt" mean? Is that a gas cap on his face?
DadL

09 February, 2006 11:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home