11 September 2006

I've got stuff to talk about so it's time for a blog entry.

First, what's on everyone's mind today. It's the 5 year anniversary of 9/11 today. All the deep thoughts and weighted statements can't reflect the importance of today in everyone's mind. This is one of those moments I will remember forever and that I will tell my children and grandchildren about. I remember that I was at work, as a nursing assistant at the time, standing at a patients bedside watching their television with them. It didn't make any sense to me at first. How did a plane manage to run into a building that big? And then it slowly came together for me and everyone other person glued to the news. And it is something we will never forget.

Now for what's on my mind today. It has not been a good summer to be my grandma. Early this morning my Grandma Ryan died. It wasn't entirely unexpected, she'd been under hospice care, her mental status and physical health had been declining for some time. But even when you're "ready" for it, it's still sad when it happens. There aren't that many people that have known you your entire life. People that have been there for every holiday as long as you can remember. So now I have to remember and share what I remember so that my grandmas can still be here even though they're gone.

In happier news, I had a fun weekend with some of my west coast cousins, good to see you all! See you when we move west!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home